A "bad" week. Hmm. I just had a "bad" week. I wish there was a different way to say that you had a "bad" week. I don't typically like to categorize things into good and bad. Especially in those simple terms. There is so much meaning behind good and bad, and there are even more in-betweens with many definitions. Bad isn't always the worst and good isn't always the best, right?
I can't really pinpoint why or how this week went a little south for me. It just seemed like everything kept piling up and it never seemed to let up. Now I realize that there are many people in the world that had a worse week than I did. But hey, I'm pregnant and I haven't really had any emotional breakdowns, so with the compilation of lots of little things, it ended up being a "bad" week. It started off on Monday with me working all day. It was a good day at work. Jordan is on reserve this month, so we never really know his schedule that far in advance, we just know the days he is on-call and could possibly fly. He had already gotten a trip to start Wednesday, so in my head when I left for work in the morning, I figured he would still be home when I got back from work. I didn't think they were going to schedule anything. But - of course they did. That was just one of those little things.
Tuesday and Wednesday I was off work, but had lots of stuff going on! I had my blood sugar test tuesday morning, a hair appointment and errands to run. And the weather was all gloomy, dark and rainy. Yuck. Same story on Wednesday. I had meetings and training for work. I left at 7 am and didn't get home until 6pm. On a day when I am not working a normal 12 hour work shift, I don't typically expect to be away from home for that long! I mostly felt sorry for my poor pup, Chloe. Jordan was gone all week and then I was super busy and I knew I still had 2 more days of work ahead of me without Jordan being home. She was going to be one lonely dog. And just thinking about that made me even more sad.
So see, like I said, stupid reasons for a "bad" week, right? It just makes me wonder why these little things add up to a "bad" week. Was there anything earth-shattering awful that happened? No, of course not, but I still had a bad week. Why do we let these little things sneak up on us and make us have a bad week? I don't really have an answer. I don't know if I ever will. I wish it were something as easy as looking back on the week and saying- Wow that stuff was stupid, nothing bad happened. Because thats what I'm thinking right now. How ridiculous. Why is it so hard for us to remove ourselves from the situation, even just for a second, to help us realize how petty many of the things that make us have a bad day are?
True bad days and bad weeks are things you never wish to encounter. A life altering medical diagnosis, a loved ones death and too many other things I really don't want to think about. I just know that I have never had to deal with a true bad day, and I am so thankful for that. The next time I think I'm having a bad week, I am going to try my hardest to put it all in perspective. Perspective is what is hard to grasp when you are in the situation, but its important to make you grateful for what you do have, and even more thankful you're not actually having a bad day.
No comments:
Post a Comment