Thursday, May 1, 2014

9 months.

Happy 9 months! 
I know I'm a few days late on this 9 month post, and I've been dreading writing it for some reason. Probably because my baby is NINE MONTHS OLD!!! Nine.

We had good stats at the 9 month check this week. Tipping the scales at 17.7 lbs, we are in the 25%ile. We might have dropped a few percentiles, but do those even matter?! Seriously. Little miss is 27 inches and around 50%ile, which also dropped a few spots, but whatever! Overall she's a happy, healthy & growing baby girl. The doctor was impressed by her stability and how strong she was. She didn't think it'd be too long before Evelyn would be walking (EEEEEK!)








The crib pictures this month were too funny to not post a few of them. She thought she was pretty big and cool sitting and standing in her crib instead of laying down. She was such a little ham in front of the camera that day.








 We celebrated Evelyn's first Easter this month. She didn't really seem to get the whole Easter thing, but she looked cute in her two Easter dresses! I did have a talk with her about the meaning of Easter and how great Jesus is and all that, but I'm not quite sure she understood yet. I'll keep reminding her of that, its too important for her not to know! 
Our eggs......






In other news...we have 2 teeth and 3 more just about to pop through! If only I could get a picture...she is quite guarded when it comes to her mouth.  She started teething almost as soon as Jordan left and I've had the joy of helping her through all the trouble they have caused her. We've had some sleepless nights, but does sleep matter? Nope. Functioning on little sleep comes with the territory. So far we have one top tooth and one bottom tooth through. Here's to hoping the rest come through really fast!

As the doctor noted, we are getting very close to walking. She will take a couple steps in between furniture and her toys, and will walk around if we hold her hands. I don't think we are going to be walking before we see Jordan in 11 days, but she won't be too far off that mark!

So many changes happening so fast. Her little laugh and personality are so funny. She loves taking baths and splashing everywhere. She loves to find the dog or cat food and try to sneak some bites (yuck!). She is a speed crawler. She is starting to get frustrated when I feed her, so we're moving on to self-feeding as much as she can. I'm trying to get used to chopping everything up and watching her every move while she's eating. She tends to shove a lot of food in her mouth at once.... (you would think we'd be higher than the 25%ile the way she eats...)

She misses her daddy so much and brightens up when we facetime or watch videos of daddy. As I'm writing this today, we only have 11 more days until we see him! We can't wait to be reunited!


No comments:

Post a Comment