Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Newborn

You only have a newborn for one month.

One whole month.

Sometimes a month sounds and feels like an eternity and other times a month goes by in the blink of an eye.

They say time moves faster when you have children.

"They" are not lying. Having these two girls in our lives is like nothing else. But this time is literally going by faster than I like it to. Some hours seem long because of a crying newborn and a busy two year old fighting for my attention. But the days continue to slip past me.

We are coming up on one month with our sweet Natalie. I'm not sure how that is possible, but its happening.

In a few days I will no longer have a newborn by definition, I will have an infant. I will have an infant for 11 months before I have a toddler. I don't even want to know how fast these next 11 months will go.

For now, I will soak up as many sweet moments as I can with my newborn. I will take in each snuggle, each sleepy smile & silent laugh. Each grunt and groan as she's sleeping in our room keeping me awake will remind me that she's only a newborn for a short time. And that short time is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment