Sweet Natalie is 6 months old!!!
And what a month we have had. This girl is KEEPING. ME. ON. MY. TOES. She is all over the place! She started army crawling just after we moved back to Michigan and hasn't looked back. She has been working on actual crawling, and just about has it down, but doesn't have the coordination of the arms & legs moving at the same time quite yet. And she is fast. Like really fast. Like she sees something she wants and is there before I turn around to go get her. A new thing this past week is she's starting to reach for things like she wants to pull herself up on them. I mean seriously? Does this girl know she's JUST 6 months old? You might be thinking, wow, super cool. Its great to have a kiddo so far ahead, right? WRONG. absolutely wrong! It is crazy, and about 3 months ahead of where I thought we would be, and chasing around two already is mind blowing to me. She really is great though, I wouldn't trade it for the world!
She is so stinking funny and such a fun baby to be around. She is the smiliest little thing and brightens up a whole room. We've all had an adjustment period moving back to Michigan from Oklahoma, and this girl has kept us all happy and smiling as much as we can.
We celebrated Natalie's first halloween, which wasn't much a celebration to be honest. It was cold and rainy, and we put the girls in their costumes just long enough for a picture on the front step, and then we all stayed in and stayed warm. I think Natalie looked pretty darn cute as a little chick and Evie as a pig. Hopefully next halloween has better weather and will be more enjoyable!
Just about 2 weeks ago we started giving Natalie baby food! Cue the steaming and mashing of yummy veggies & fruit for our little one. She had been increasingly interested and demanding when we were eating, so we figured it was about time to feed her. Turns out she LOVES it! In these two weeks, we've gone from eating one ice cube of food, to two different foods at each meal. She has loved everything we've given her: avocados, cereal, prunes, sweet potatoes, carrots, banana, green bean, and most of all squash! I love seeing her so happy and eager to eat, its so much fun!
We had some fun in the Michigan leaves that were absent in Oklahoma before it snowed and got too cold. It was pretty epic. Fall is so much better in Michigan! Evie had more fun than Natalie, but she still thought it was pretty cool. Natalie still loves her big sister, and her big sister still loves her!

We love our sweet girl and can't believe that its been 6 months already since we met her. She fits so perfectly into our family and I love seeing her relationship with Evelyn grow. It is so special to have a sister, and I'm so happy they get to experience that. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for us. I have a feeling it will include a lot of running around and chasing this sweet girl who keeps us busy!!
We love you Nattie Jane!!




No comments:
Post a Comment