I followed my dad around and probably drove him so crazy, but he never said anything and let me tag along and ask all the "why," "how," and "what" questions a girl could think of. He taught me how to be independent and strong. He taught me that I could use a drill and even though I'm a girl, I could still get my hands dirty. Aside from all the things my dad taught me, almost any day in my childhood I can remember my dad being there. From the father/daughter dances, all the softball teams & games, swimming in the pool, Cedar Point trips, my dad always had something for us to do and was excited to spend time with his 3 daughters. Even if we weren't doing anything that was planned, my dad always made each day fun.
My dad can be a very quiet man. But he is confident, funny & can always put a smile on your face. My dad is the smartest man I know. He taught me right from wrong (whether I listened was another story). He is a gentle man who is always loyal. He loves my mom with all his heart and he is the perfect example of how a man should treat the women in his life. He always supported me in my decisions, whether he completely agrees with them or not.Speaking of having 3 daughters, did I ever mention that us 3 girls are quite the handful? Cause we are. Even to this day, if we all 3 spend too much time together, somebody's feelings are going to get hurt at some point. My dad had his hands full with 3 strong willed daughters and even if he wanted to knock our heads together and make us all get along, he was supportive and never stopped loving any of us.

My dad has taught me so much about life and understanding that its not always fair and that its important to take school seriously and be the best I can be. He always had the corniest sayings. I swear he should have been an inspirational speaker with all the silly things he would say to us. One of the most important things that has always stuck with me is how important it is to read, and to read to my future children. My dad read to me every night when I was little and I know that was important to my love for all things reading/writing & learning.
Over the years, I have learned how special my dad really is. I am so lucky to have so many happy memories as a child with my dad. I am even more lucky that I still have my dad to make many more years of memories. I am so excited to see him become a grandpa, to see all the fun he will have with his grandchildren. I talk to my dad almost every day, I can honestly say he is one of my best friends. I'm not sure what was going through his mind when he walked me down the isle to the man of my dreams, if he was worried he would lose his little girl, but I knew I would still always be my daddy's little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment