Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beautiful Pregnancy




Pregnancy can be very stressful and very difficult for some people. I have been very blessed with a healthy full term pregnancy. Working in the NICU makes me very, very grateful for every day that I have in this pregnancy. I see too many pregnancies cut short for a multitude of reasons, and it breaks my heart every time. I know I have had it much easier than most when it comes to being pregnant, but I have cherished every day and reveled in the fact that I have nurtured this little person for the last 9 months. It really is a miracle. And no matter the type of pregnancy, how a woman feels, how much weight she gains, how miserable she feels, it is a beautiful time in our lives as mothers. I keep having to remind myself that with all this waiting at the end, that these are the final days I will ever have with this baby inside of me. I know we'll have more children, but this pregnancy is almost over. And this pregnancy has been something to celebrate. I will only have 1 first baby, only 1 first time giving birth, only 1 first time having a pregnancy that I can do whatever I want, when I want. And I sometimes can forget that.

To capture our beautiful pregnancy, Jordan and I decided to get maternity pictures taken by the same photographer that will be taking our newborn pictures too. I saw her work from a girlfriend that I work with who used her for her newborn pictures. Our photographer is Sara Combs, of Sara Combs Photography, and I absolutely fell in love with her work the second I saw it. Her style fits us perfectly and I love her creative edge. So needless to say, we were excited to get our pictures taken by her! I just got my pictures from her and I just had the realization that pregnancy is really, really beautiful and there is no other way around it.

I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures, and just try to always remember that this is such a gift and even when I feel gross and big and sweaty because of all this heat, that I am beautiful because I am carrying another life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment