Today was the last day my baby with be a baby.
Well at least technically.
As I was putting her down to bed, I couldn't help but be a little sad.
My little baby is a little toddler now.
Our life has been a little crazy lately with a lot of things happening.
My family suffered a terrible loss when my cousin recently died leaving behind her 3 week old son.
Needless to say, everything that has been happening has made this time with my baby even more important to me. I don't want to take for granted any thing or any time with my girl.
Snuggling her to sleep tonight I don't ever want to forget these moments.
The way her even, easy breaths rise and fall while she snuggles into my chest.
She always lays her head right over my heart.
I twirl her hair in my fingers.
I rub her back.
She wraps her legs around my waist and snuggles in even more.
I just can't believe a year has already passed.
A year ago tonight, I was trying to convince myself I wasn't in labor,
and that she would never come on her own.
A short 8 hours later, our girl made her appearance.
I just can't believe a year has already passed.
My girl will be one year old tomorrow.
And I can't quite decide if I should be happy or sad.
For now I guess its bittersweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment