38 weeks. 38 freaking weeks pregnant! This is almost over. I can't even wrap my mind around it. In such a short time we are going to have a new baby in our home, and I seriously can't wait. It doesn't seem possible that its time to have her. I
do feel like I've been pregnant forever, but I just can't believe its almost over.
When I was pregnant with Evie (and this time around too) I measured small throughout the whole pregnancy and at the end my blood pressure climbed high enough to need bi-weekly non-invasive testing. No big deal. It just comes with the territory of being 9 months pregnant right?! Because lets remember, pregnancy is 40 weeks long...which is 10 month, not the usual 9 months people say...and lets face it those last 4-5 weeks take FOREVER. Regardless...my body decides at the end to push the limits and be a little fussy. Not fussy enough to be too dangerous for me or for baby, but requires close monitoring. With Evie being my first pregnancy, my doctors (with watchful eyes) let me go past my due date to let me go into labor & deliver on my own. I am so thankful for that, because thats exactly what happened.

This time around my doctor isn't as keen on waiting around when my body is showing signs of hitting its limits. It means bi-weekly non-invasive appointments again. It sounds like we will have her before our due date whether by induction or by going into labor before our due date. I'm not really mad about knowing I won't be over-due this time around, can't lie about that! This is what my [dropped?!] 38 week pregnant belly looks like! We had a fun day of doctors appointments, enjoying a summer kick off on base with friends and sharing some ice cream at the end of a hot, humid day!
The hardest part for me at this point is thinking about Evelyn not being my only baby anymore. I know I am totally in love with this new little girl, but I'm sad and sentimental about my baby girl not being my only baby. I know the adjustment will be just that - an adjustment - and our new girl will fit right in with our family. It just seems so weird to leave the family of three behind and take on the family of four.
 |
| Family of 3 for another week |
This was Evie and I enjoying Mother's Day and being goofy. She really has been so much fun lately. Her vocabulary has been impressive lately and she has started speaking in mini-sentences. She makes me laugh every. single. day. She is sweet with other people, sassy with me and Jordan and has quite the personality and opinions. The dreaded terrible twos are just ahead, but I am not phased by the toddler tantrums and mind games [just yet]. I can see her frustrations and I just try to help her cope with what she's upset about. Most of the things she gets upset with are just silly, which usually just make me laugh and we move forward as fast as we can. She is a little spitfire that keeps me on my toes and I am forever blessed by her being my little girl. I can't wait to watch her be a big sister to another amazing little girl.
This [presumably] last week of pregnancy may go by very slowly, or move faster than I hope. I want to take in every moment with Evelyn and Jordan before we throw in more chaos to our lives. I am very excited and anxiously awaiting meeting our little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment