Six years ago Jordan and I stood in front of our God, our family & friends, said our vows & made a commitment to each other. A commitment to one another to be there through thick and thin, the good and the bad, the little moments, the big milestones & support one another above all else. And six years later here we are, still learning, still growing and choosing each other every day.
In six years, we have spent many days apart, had months of training apart to endure, two cross-country moves, two (soon to be three!) kids, and many days we feel stronger than ever - other days we feel less than adequate. Its all about the journey for us and sticking together through all the mud, and all the fun.
You see, this last year has been rough on me. We moved back to Michigan after graduating UPT and I left the best friends a girl (& Mama heart) can ask for. After being together basically everyday for over a year, Jordan dropped me and the girls off at my parents house and left for 2 months of training - that was more tough. We were getting ready to move, so the girls and I stayed with my parents for those 2 months. Just after Christmas we moved to our new home and started to settle in to the Detroit area. Jordan had to then leave for another 5 months for more training and the girls and I stayed behind in Michigan to settle in to our new life in Metro Detroit. Finding our groove over here hasn't been super easy, so we are still adjusting and trying to find our niche over here. Jordan has been nothing but supportive to me, and I've never been more thankful for his love than in this past year.
Even through the mud of the last year, we have had amazing moments and have learned so much about each other and our kids along the way. We were able to spend almost a month with Jordan while he was at training and had some great adventures exploring southwestern Oklahoma. We celebrated Natalie's 1st birthday, tackled house projects inside & out, Evelyn turned 3, AND we found out we are expecting BABY #3 in late February 2017!
I took the plunge back into the working world and took a position as nurse in a NICU. It has been great to be back at work and using that part of my brain again. Jordan was the one who encouraged me to head back into the NICU world, and again, his support means the world to me. We've had to add another babysitter to cover some days I'm at work and he's had to shift some of his work around, but we're making it work.
Thats pretty much how this year has been, making it work. As our dynamic changes, we change and adapt to everything that has come our way. I'm proud of where we are and where we are heading. Things haven't been as rosy as we expected at this point in our "Detroit journey" but - our girls are happy, we are happy, and we are supporting each other every day and enjoying all the crazy life can throw at us.
Another year of marriage down that has challenged, rewarded and encouraged us to be the best version of us. This life is ours to make it what we chose, and we chose each other. Thats the most important choice we can make, and I'm so glad Jordan is the one I get to do this life with.
I love you more today than yesterday, but far less than tomorrow.
10.16.2010
Even through the mud of the last year, we have had amazing moments and have learned so much about each other and our kids along the way. We were able to spend almost a month with Jordan while he was at training and had some great adventures exploring southwestern Oklahoma. We celebrated Natalie's 1st birthday, tackled house projects inside & out, Evelyn turned 3, AND we found out we are expecting BABY #3 in late February 2017!
I took the plunge back into the working world and took a position as nurse in a NICU. It has been great to be back at work and using that part of my brain again. Jordan was the one who encouraged me to head back into the NICU world, and again, his support means the world to me. We've had to add another babysitter to cover some days I'm at work and he's had to shift some of his work around, but we're making it work.
![]() |
| At the spot he proposed 8 years earlier |
Another year of marriage down that has challenged, rewarded and encouraged us to be the best version of us. This life is ours to make it what we chose, and we chose each other. Thats the most important choice we can make, and I'm so glad Jordan is the one I get to do this life with.
I love you more today than yesterday, but far less than tomorrow.
10.16.2010







No comments:
Post a Comment