Preface:: I wrote this the day I found out we were pregnant with baby #3. I love the perspective, the excitement and the newness of it all.
Wow - today June 15th, 2016 -the most amazing, beautiful, random thing happened.
Earlier in the week, coupons for pregnancy tests popped out of the coupon machine at Meijer. I figured its a good idea to have them around the house. So today I went and got two packs of them (they were on sale on top of the coupon!) and I don't know why but I figured I should take one this afternoon. The girls were sleeping and I literally had ZERO inkling of being pregnant. So I took it and there it was. A faint, hardly can see it, are my eyes playing tricks on me line. Serioulsy, SERIOUSLY?!
I called my friend Kate totally FREAKING out. Is this real life? She urged me to take another one and the other box I had picked up happened to be digital tests. It was mid-afternoon, and the line was so faint there was no way the digital (less sensitive test) would be positive. But 3 minutes later, there it was PREGNANT in big real words. Ahhhhh! This is crazy to me.
I was shaking the rest of the day. I had butterflies the rest of the afternoon and felt like a crazy person. Jordan was of course at work when I took the unsuspecting test and I had to quick think of a way to tell him since the announcement of Natalie's pregnancy was more uncertain with just moving to Oklahoma.
SO off to Pinterest I went. Evie was doing a fun craft project with golf balls for fathers day and it got me thinking. I have some colored golf balls that my father in law had picked up for me a few years back and I dug up two pink ones. I wrote Evelyn and Natalie on each ball. I found a cute note that went something like...Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I have a surprise and here's the clue.....
I was visibly shaking waiting for him to be home and he walked in I had the video rolling. And he didn't even notice it on the counter for a bit. And then he was confused. Oh so confused. He kept thinking we were going on a golf trip as a family since fathers day is this weekend. I had him open the card which had a heart with Baby S. 3.0 and Feb/Mar written on the inside. Behind the card I had a white golf ball with a ? on it. He was still clueless. At this point I'm laughing, crying and just laughing some more. He looks at me and finally gets it. He was truly just as shocked and surprised as I was.
Its amazing how early pregnancy can change your thinking and change your life in a few short days. By some Godly intervention here I was with random pregnancy tests, totally unsuspecting, finding out we are expected our third baby! Its amazing!
Evelyn and Natalie are 22 months apart, and this little bugger will be 21 months from Natalie. We honestly love, love, love the spacing of our girls and were hoping to get that spacing again, but maybe more like 23-24 months ;) But, here we are. Happy, surprised, excited and anticipating what this third child will bring to our family. Evelyn has brought sweetness, Natalie has brought hilarity, and I can only imagine what this little one will bring :)
No comments:
Post a Comment