Luke is 3 months old already!
![]() |
| 3 months old! |
In true third child fashion, I totally missed his two month "birthday." I still took the obligatory crib growing pictures, but in the midst of crazy life, I missed sitting down and writing about him. So, hopefully, from now on, no more missing monthly milestones!
![]() |
| 2 months old! |
Luke is truly a joy. He is happy, he goes with the flow and he is starting to come into his personality. He likes to giggle at daddy, he's started to roll from belly to back and he's interacting more with the world around him! He loves looking up at his toys, batting at them, and grabbing them. I can tell he is probably going to be another orally fixated kiddo like his big sister Natalie is/was.
To catch up a little on events happening in his little life, right after he turned a month old we found out he has a dairy and soy intolerance - meaning his gut doesn't like to digest the large proteins found in dairy and soy, which cause inflammation and subsequently blood in his stool. A lot of kiddos who have this sensitivity and intolerance have reflux issues, are very cranky, and may not grow well. Thankfully we don't have to deal with any of the other symptoms, we just have to deal with keeping his inflammation down and the blood out of his stool. So that means I can't have any dairy products or milk protein, along with soy. And I don't know if you realize how much soy is in everyday products! Its quite challenging to navigate this new diet change at times, but I've found my go-to products and its working out okay! Eating out is quite difficult and near impossible minus a couple places, so its a lot of home cooking and 'real food' so its not a bad change at all. I feel the greatest I've ever felt without dairy and soy in my system, and I know Luke feels better without it!
So our happy little guy is growing faster than his sisters and to us, seems like a chunk! In chunky baby standards, he is far below that, but we love his cheeks and his mini rolls.
We celebrated his first Easter with my parents in the past two months and his big sister Natalie turned 2!

He finally met my grandparents who were living in Florida until the beginning of May, and he of course loves meeting everybody and likes to have 'conversations' with all of them.
He really balances out the crazy of the girls as he just seems to go along with whatever we're doing as a family. He loves to go for walks and runs in the double stroller. He looks back at me in his carseat, he smiles & giggles the whole way. He is our first kiddo to like the car and sleeps in his carseat pretty much all the time whenever we're in the car.
I'm still often times in shock that we have a boy. I just said the other day, its starting to feel like he's a boy. Up until now he was a baby, and all babies pretty much act the same and its sometimes hard to see past the blur of the demanding newborn phase. Lately I've been thinking of all the things he will do that will bit a bit different than the girls. The things him and Jordan will do as a father/son combo. And how my role of being a boy mom will differ from being a girl mom.
I'm excited to see where this journey and life with Luke takes us, and I can't wait to watch him grow!
Until next month....
Love you as high as the airplanes fly!





No comments:
Post a Comment