How is this even real? This has been the fastest month of my life - Luke is already 1 month old!!!
He truly completes our family. He is snuggly, sweet & goes with the flow of our crazy house!
He doesn't sleep very well for me and is up every 2-3 hours, which makes for some long days for me, but somehow we are all surviving. I think because we're *pretty sure* he's our last, I'm trying to savor every little detail of newborn life and soak it all in. Being grumpy doesn't change the fact I'm still not sleeping, so I try and focus on being happy.
His big sisters adore him - probably more than he likes! They are such big helpers and have really taken well to the fact they have to share mom. At least as well as a 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old would be expected to do.
He has already made three trips over to the west side of the state - newborn pictures, power outage trip & a wedding in GR. Yeah, about that power outage. We had a pretty serious windstorm when he was just about two weeks old. We lost power for 4 days, in the winter, in Michigan. The first night we stayed in our house hoping it would be a quick fix. We woke up to a 55 degree house and realized it was the biggest power outage in Michigan's history - over 800,000 people in the state didn't have power. We packed up and headed to Kalamazoo to stay at my parents until our power was back on. It was quite an adventure for a 2 week old!
Luke is simply newborn squish perfection.
He might actually be our first chunky baby - I guess time will tell us that!
He is starting to smile and he tries to make cooing sounds already.

No comments:
Post a Comment