Friday, October 19, 2012

2 happy years


My wonderful husband and I are just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. I can’t believe how fast its gone. It sounds so long ago, but the time has gone so fast. Looking back on the last 2 years, I can’t imagine a better way to have spent them. Jordan is my rock and the love of my life and I am so, so lucky to have him. So much has changed since the day we said “I do.”

When we first got married, Jordan was finishing up his flight instructing certificates and was focusing on getting a job as a flight instructor to get hours to eventually apply for the airlines. We lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment on the east side of town. Everyday was a learning process. Some days we needed our alone time, some days we spent all day together and enjoyed eachothers company. There were times when we hurt eachother and there were lots of moments of joy.

And then Jordan got a tip that an airline would be hiring low-time pilots and that was his chance! He was able to get into the airlines when we weren’t expecting it. It was so awesome. Except the part that to train on the aircraft he has to be gone for about 2 months. Straight. Without breaks to come home. I thought this was totally crazy, I mean how do the airlines get away with that? Well, they do and that’s just the way it is unfortunately. I only got to see him once for those 2 months and man that was crazy. We weren’t even married for 6 months and he was gone for 2 of those months. Little did we know that was just the beginning of his adventures away from home.

Its such a learning process, this thing called marriage, and I’m  not sure we will ever perfect it, or even come close for that matter. There is such a balance that marriage requires and it constantly changes. At different times, we both need different things, and unless you are a mind reader, it is almost impossible to always get it right. We’ve learned to forgive, and to love uncondiontionally and to always look behind us and be grateful for how far we’ve come and to look ahead and see how far we will go together. We have learned the true meaning of unconditional. It doesn’t mean you can pick and choose, it doesn’t mean that you can give up. It doesn’t mean that you can give less because you are tired, or annoyed, or having a bad day. Through every moment of everyday, love and forgivness have to be unconditional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment