Yum. So here is a picture of my wonderful Chili. Little unconventional, but so, so tasty. This is how I make it:1 can diced tomatoes
1 can hot & spicy beans ( I sometimes add more beans)
1 jar tomato juice
1 lb ground turkey (or beef, venison, etc)
Noodles (I use spaghetti cut in half this time, but any type
will do)
Jalapenos (as many as you want!)
Onion
Garlic (because everything is better with garlic!)
Chili powder
1/4 cup sugar
salt & pepper
I take the meat and onion and start getting that cooked up to add in. I get a small pot of water boiling for the pasta that I will add. While that is cooking, I add the tomato juice, beans, tomatoes, and jalapenos into a big pot. I add in the salt & pepper, chili powder, garlic, and the sugar. I add those to taste, depending how how I am feeling. I add in the meat & onion when they are cooked, and the pasta when that is ready. I let it all simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes. It is important to let all the flavors marry and get happy with eachother. I usually cook up some cornbread or just add some crackers while I'm eating it. As you can see, it does resemble goulash, but it has the flavor of chili. It is a big more soupy than other chili's, but it is so yummy!
These yummy cookies are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!3 ingredients!
1 box spice cake
1 large can of pumpkin
1 package of chocolate chips
Mix them all together and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. They are so, so yummy! They are super moist and delicious!
All this yummy-ness in one night means that Jordan is one lucky man. No I'm kidding, he is lucky for lots of reasons, but I do enjoy and get a lot out of when I can cook for him! He is on the road al the time and eats out everyday he is gone, so it is nice for him to have a home-cooked meal. This is one of my favorite meals, and I can't wait to share it with my daughters some day!
No comments:
Post a Comment