Saturday, June 28, 2014

First full day at camp - with a baby!


Monday has been a much smoother day. We’ve had our share of little bumps along the way, but we are figuring it out. Meal time is going great. Her high chair attachment works really well and she loves being around all the campers! We are in the smaller “VIP” section so it isn’t so overwhelming with half the camp looking at her all the time. She is loving it. Every single minute has been good from her standpoint I think. Expcept her afternoon nap today – one of the maintence guys was fixing the roof and was nainling and pounding and she didn’t exactly sleep right through all that. But she got 45 minutes, and we rolled with it, went swimming and had a great afternoon.

I am kinda wishing she didn’t take two naps at this point. Its taking a lot of time away from all the activities at camp and its hard to get to know people and get involved with stuff (like I like to do) when I’m always up at the cabin with a sleeping baby. Don’t get me wrong – I love how she sleeps and gives us 2 naps a day still, but I would like to be able to participate more than I can right now. And the stinky thing about this being a high school camp and everyone being able to stay up later is that evening activity doesn’t even start until around 730-8 and that is when Evelyn starts to melt and really needs to be heading towards bed. So more time for me to miss out. But again – its all good. I am here at one of my favorite places,  spending a week with my daughter and loving meeting all these new campers, counselors and I know that each day is going to get easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment