The first part of our three legged journey from Kalamazoo to Enid and back again is upon us.
Yesterday the movers came and packed up our house, and today they loaded up the truck and take the majority of our things. We have three weeks to spend with our family as we wait for our house to be ready in Enid.
But the biggest change is that last night was our last REAL night in our house. The last night in our first house. The house we updated and put so much work into. The house we learned more about how to be married and co-exist with each other. The house we brought Evelyn home to. So much has happened here in our three short years we've spent loving this house.
Its weird, I'm kind of not very sad right now. Maybe that part comes later? I thought maybe when I saw the moving truck and they are pulling away and we are left with a mostly empty house I'll be sad? My stomach did drop when I came down the road and could see the huge semi in front of our house with all of our things. Its not that I don't love this house, because I do. I'm just getting excited about whats next in the next chapter of our lives. Maybe I'm just suppressing how I really feel, but for now I'm okay with that. I've cried a lot this past week over leaving my job, so its okay if I don't cry any more at this point.
I'm sure I will miss this place once we are gone. I will miss our amazing neighbors. Seriously, we could not have asked for better neighbors. And some really sweet neighbors just moved in. Hopefully the people who bought our house will fit in nicely with the neighborhood crew. We will be blessed in our next house if our neighbors are half as good as they are here.
So many changes are happening so fast that maybe all these goodbye's are blending together and they won't sink in until we are just the three of us in Enid. The excitement of all three of us being together for at least the next year is trumping any of my sad feelings at this point, and I'm okay with that.
I'm okay with this fun, new adventure. Even through all these sad changes and leaving behind our first house, my job, our friends & family, I am ready for this new chapter in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment