Well geez. Its been a while.
So many times my brain wanted to come to this place to be able to sit and write about what is/was happening in our lives. And so many times pure exhaustion and busy-ness got in the way of sitting down to get my thoughts out. Life has been exciting, tiring, busy, a little rough at times & full of love since. Lets catch up some, shall we?
We found out we were expecting baby #3 last June and things got busier and busier as we got closer to our due date. Summer went by in a flash, especially as I headed back to work last August. I am back in the workforce as a NICU nurse at a local hospital in a contingent position that works out so well for our family dynamic. I am so lucky to have landed this job. Its a small, close knit NICU and I work 1-2 days a week depending on the needs of the unit. It was so great to be welcomed so kindly by my new co-workers and its a good "break" for my mental state to be doing something for myself and my career on the days I'm at work. I was also fortunate enough to take a lactation counselor course, and am now a CLC. I hope to be able to continue on to get my IBCLC soon and work in that realm as it relates to NICU families, I'm super excited about it!
Jordan has been hard at work expanding his career and gaining experience. He had the opportunity to apply and interview with Delta, and he got his dream job! He will be starting work with them within the next year, and I'm beyond proud to see him working so hard and achieving his goals for his career. On a stinky note, he had his first deployment with the Air Force for two months over the holidays. It was quite the adjustment for all four of us, but we somehow managed. We made it through colds, teething babes, sleep anxiety, the holidays, me being in my third trimester of pregnancy & Jordan dealing with being alone and away from his family. Thankfully we don't have to face another deployment for some time, but I'm glad the first one went pretty smoothly by all accounts!
Evelyn started preschool last fall and absolutely loves it. She is learning so much and making friends. She's still a little shy and sensitive about certain things, but she is more empathetic than most adults and a joy to be around.
Natalie is our little spitfire still. She keeps us on our toes and has us laughing daily. Its crazy how a 1.5 year old knows when she's being funny and how to get a positive response out of us. She is silly and sweet and she is so much fun to be around.
And some of the biggest news to have happened in our family is that we welcomed A BOY into our world at the end of February!! We didn't find out gender this time around, so we were all shocked. Jordan returned from his deployment 5 days before we had our son, so it was perfect timing on all accounts! Stay tuned for another post about his arrival & all things pregnancy & baby.
All in all, life has been beautiful. We have our challenging days and our beautiful days. We take each day as it comes and laugh in the chaos that is this season of life. We're adjusting to life as a completed family of five, and we can't be any happier about the journey we all have in front of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment