Just a few days ago my little babe turned five whole months. Seriously.Evelyn's first Christmas was the highlight of her fifth month. But she seemed to change before my eyes over this past month.
I know I've said things are going by fast and I'm sure time will continue to go faster than I would ever choose it. But since I've been back to work, my days off go by at super-sonic speed. Everyday I work I barely get to see my girl, so my days off are even more important - and they are over too fast.
But enough sulking about time. I have to deal with the fact that she is constantly growing and changing and I've just got to enjoy the ride and soak up every. single. moment.
Look at that face. So Serious. That is an Evelyn face at its finest. And it made our Christmas card. The only picture on our card this year. What more do you need on a card to make you smile? That face sure does make me smile! Evelyn started playing in her jumper this month. She LOVES it!
She started SITTING on her own. Yes, seriously sitting. She just started doing it one day. I couldn't believe it. She is actually very sturdy and likes seeing the world from that point of view now!
She has found her voice. She is constantly making sounds. I wonder where she gets that from?!
Her first Christmas was great. We had many celebrations. With all of our grandparents it means lots of family get togethers and celebrations. The week of Christmas she had 3 days of presents!We celebrated our family Christmas on Monday, drove to Jordan's parents that evening. Tuesday was Christmas Eve and we were at my parents house to celebrate with them, then we celebrated with extended family and grandparents that night. I had to work on Christmas Day, so it was up to Jordan to celebrate with her Christmas morning. Evelyn was busy and had so much fun with all her presents and family time!
Everyday it seems like I can see the wheels turning in her little head learning from the world around her. Watching her take the world in is magical.
Happy 5 months baby girl!!


No comments:
Post a Comment