Saturday, August 29, 2015

New Sisters

So I was recently going back through some old posts I had written and found this gem of a post that I never posted. I guess the whole busy with a newborn and an almost 2 year old got to me. So a little late than never - here is a little gem and a look into the first few days as a family of four! 



One of the biggest stressors that troubled my brain while I was pregnant was Evelyn coming to meet her new baby sister. Most of the time we asked her about being a big sister or the baby in mommy's belly we heard a prompt "NO." It might be because that is one of her favorite words some days, or that she just wasn't understanding that there was ACTUALLY  baby in mommy's belly. I know she loves baby and playing mommy to her baby dolls, but an actual living, breathing baby who is here to stay made me really wonder how she would react.Evelyn has also been very attached to me as of the last few months and this would be the longest time she was away from me. So her coming up to the hospital and seeing me (& the baby) and then having to leave without me I figured would be a
disaster.

After a {somewhat} relaxing afternoon after delivering Natalie - perks/downside of not living near family - Jordan was back at work to do a couple things. He brought Evelyn out to dinner and then brought her up to the hospital to meet her sister! I was so stinkin' excited to see her. I really missed seeing her little face and hearing her little voice, and it was barely 24 hours of being away from her. I'll blame that on the hormones! 

A friend gave me a great tip to help alleviate a possible bad reaction from Evelyn. She said to have the baby in the bassinet or being held by someone else so I can give all my attention to her when she first walks in and she won't have to see me with a baby right first thing as she walked in. I loved that idea! I was all ready for her to come in.......AND......Evelyn did great! 

She was so happy to see me and saw Natalie right away and was so excited about her. She kept talking about "the baby," "hair," "eyes," "nose." It was so adorable! I wanted to bottle up this whole moment. Our little family of 4 was all together. It seriously couldn't have been a better situation. I caught a few moments on video, but I really wanted to just live and be in that moment. I was incredibly proud of Evelyn for handling it well and my joy was through the roof! 



Bringing Natalie home was an easier that expected transition and Evelyn continues to adjust better than I could have ever imagined. Evelyn loves sitting next to her sister and 'holding' her for a few seconds here and there. 

I am excited to see how these girls grow with each other and how their relationship will change over the years. I hope they continue to be sweet and love each other as sisters and as friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment