My sweet Evie has the best imagination. She loves imaginary play with baby dolls, tea sets, her stuffed animals and most importantly, her kitchen. She has been really into "cooking" us food and lately has been cooking us a whole lot of cookies.
I have many memories growing up baking with my Nana and cooking with my Mom. I wanted to always be in the kitchen watching and helping them. It seems that Evie may be even more like me than we already knew and realized. I had not taken the jump and actually let her cook with me, but yesterday morning Natalie took an unexpected morning nap and I took advantage of that one-on-one time with my big girl and let her help me bake some home-made cookies.
The art of baking homemade cookies doesn't seem to be as appreciated as it once was, and I want her to be able to recall recipes off the top of her head and bake the best cookies around. I find it easier and the cookies taste far better when I get out my hand mixer and measure out the ingredients myself.
So I'll start early teaching both my girls to bake and cook all they can from scratch. Some days I'm "too busy" and its just easier to not have Evie help me in the kitchen. Sometimes its not safe for her to be with me in the kitchen. But after our wonderful morning and watching her light up with excitement when she would dump flour into the bowl, I want to get her involved as much as I possibly can. I want her to do what she loves, and if she loves to help momma cook in the kitchen, I'm going to try my best to make sure she gets to do that!
How cute was she baking with me?
![]() |
| Gotta make sure it tastes good! |
![]() |
| YUMM!!! |
Seriously, she loved this day. If only she would remember it as fondly as I will. Hopefully we get to enjoy many more baking lessons and continue to make these happy memories. Now we need an apron and an appropriate stool for some extra height and we will be ready for more cooking adventures. Maybe someday she'll be teaching me new recipes cooking us dinner and baking us delicious desserts! Thanks for the help Evelyn!!







No comments:
Post a Comment