Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Evelyn is TWO!!!

Today our spunky, sassy, smart and silly Evelyn is TWO! 



These two years have absolutely flown by. 

Evelyn is a gem of a kiddo - but maybe I'm a bit biased. 
Her smile lights up the room. Her giggles warm my heart. Her moments of sweetness with smooches and hugs make my heart so full I think it might explode. She knows how to turn on the charm and get every person wrapped around her little finger. These past 10 months spending every day with her while I haven't been working have been so fun and exhausting at the same time. She has grown and changed so much, it's hard to believe. 


She randomly counts to 10 on her own. She loves to dance and sing - mostly to Shake, Shake (Shake it Off!) She's OBSESSED with shake, shake. We have to watch the video on TV and listen to it in the car. On repeat, "Again, Again" she says! She will bust out in lyrics that makes us laugh every time!
She is sometimes painfully shy in public places. And sometimes she waves hi and talks to everybody around. She loves swimming (not swim lessons!). She loves playing with Natalie as much as she can. 
She wakes up in the morning with a big smile and she always says "Mornin' Momma!" 


















Her favorite thing is to bounce. She bounces on her trampoline (happy birthday!), bounces on the floor, bounces on the couches, bounces on the bed. She loves going to the park with her friends. Before we go, she says the names of all her friends here.She loves playing in her kitchen and making us coffee and tea and yummy food. She has quite the imagination when she plays. She is very good at entertaining herself. 


She loves airplanes. Her birthday party this weekend is airplane themed! Can I tell you how hard it is to find airplane themed birthday party supplies for a girl?! Thats another blog post in itself! Yesterday we had the chance to go to the fire station and she could care less about the fire trucks once she caught a glimpse of the flight line and the planes, thats all that sparked her attention. I caught this cute picture of her and her friend watching all the excitement of the planes getting ready to take off! 



I want to capture her little voice and never forget the little things she says. 
She's loves saying - "Ohhhh Nallie (Natalie), soo CUTE!" 
And if she's not complimenting her, she's comforting her, "It's okay, Nallie, its okay, you're fine"
Its so funny to hear her repeat what we say. 

Today will be a day doing and eating what Evelyn loves the most. We started the day snuggling in bed before Natalie woke up, watched a little bit of Rio (one of her favorite movies), and then we ate airplane pancakes. She LOVES airplanes (wait for the post about her birthday party!). She had chips dipped in hummus, and some M&M's before heading down for her nap. This afternoon we will watch some airplanes and head to the pool or splash pad with our friends. After a fun filled afternoon, we will head to Chick-Fil-A for dinner with Daddy. I have a big cupcake surprise waiting for her at home after dinner. 


I know she doesn't totally understand what a birthday is yet, but I hope she has a great day - and hopefully she will!  

Happy birthday sassy girl. I love you to the moon & back baby girl! 



No comments:

Post a Comment