Tomorrow I will no longer have a 1 year old.
Our Evelyn is turning 2!
I will have a big girl and a full-on toddler - as if I didn't before!
Birthdays and dates don't have anything to do with developmental milestones and general toddlerhood.
Evelyn was born with an attitude, but it has been amplified in the last few weeks.
Looking back at this past year I get a mix of emotions.
I am sad that she has grown so fast.
I am excited to continue to watch her grow.
I am in love with every ounce of her.
I am proud of who she is becoming.
I am anxious to know if we've done a good job raising her so far.
![]() |
| Just after we moved, 14 months |
We've moved across the country.
She's been on at least 4 trips back to Michigan on planes.
She's been to Florida on vacation.
She gained a sister and {hopefully - eventually} a best friend.
She has learned to be flexible with Dad's work schedule.
She has made great friends.
It's amazing how much they change in the course of a year when they are young. I swear from 1 year to 18 months was the biggest change to date. Her vocabulary flourished, she became more independent in most daily activities. She learned her likes and dislikes - and lets us know!

From 18months-2years she has cemented in her earlier learning and continues to astonish me with the things she understands and learns on a daily basis. She has become our little parrot and often repeats anything we say. She picks up on things on television and from the world around her.
I know how fast these two years have gone and I can only imagine it will continue to go fast. The days sometimes seem long with toddler tantrums and hours that seem to drag at times, but these years are going fast. Why do these early, precious years have to fly by? It seems like a cruel trick. Thank goodness for pictures and memories written down and captured in my memories.
I look at my little girl and smile. I know she's happy and healthy and thats all I can really ask for. She brightens each day and makes me laugh. I never thought such a little person could have such an affect on grown adults, but she has us captured and I can't wait to see what she does next!



No comments:
Post a Comment